Hey guys, its me, Heather!
I figured that I would start my blog by giving you guys a chance to get to know me and my style. I came across this TAG from Emily at beautybroadcast.net, and thought it looked like fun! Here goes!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Naturally, my hair is wavy, but it isn’t the kind of waves to be jealous of, it’s more awkwardly straight with random kinks that refuse to straighten, or curl. My typical quick hairstyle when I don’t have a lot of time is to brush it out and pull it into a messy ponytail.
2. Do you dye your hair yourself or go to a salon?
I have actually never used any sort of color on my hair. If I did decide to color it, I would definitely let a professional deal with it. I don’t trust myself to not accidentally royally mess it up.
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I am so not creative, I have three styles I can do, and make look good, and that is it! For everyday things, I put it up in a ponytail and add different ribbons and headbands to mix things up a little bit. When I am going somewhere dressier, I will curl it with my wand and then pull the top back and secure with a bow. Finally, for dance I pull my hair in a tight ballerina bun with a scrunchie.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I have always done my own nails, mostly because going to a salon is so stinking expensive! I could buy a ton of nail polishes for the price of one manicure. I might consider a salon mani/pedi for a formal dance, but otherwise, no way!
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
For my toes, I probably change it once a month, max. For my fingers, it’s around once a week, depending on how quickly the polish chips.
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I usually just don’t bother to remove my last toenail polishing of the summer, so it stays on until it chips off. The only exception to this is if there is a formal event where I will be dancing barefoot, like my school’s Sally Hawkins.
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
It depends how much time I have!! If I’ve slept in, I can get makeup on in 5 minutes. However, if I want my makeup to look good, it is usually like 20 minutes. I find it to be calming and it totally improves my day to know that I look awesome!
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I do eyes first, because I like not needing to worry about making a mess.That way, I can just take a makeup removing wipe and wipe off any fallout and not worry about ruining my foundation
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I just buy what I need, I try not to overbuy, but that’s mostly because I have limited money. If I had the money, I would definitely be considered a hoarder.
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I have actually never worn false eyelashes. To be honest, they kind of scare me! It’s irrational, but I feel like I would get it stuck in my eyeball or something!
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
I either do everything, or nothing! I just can’t only do one part of my makeup. It might just be one color of eyeshadow, but I have to do something. However, I’m perfectly okay with just going on the computer all day and not doing anything with my hair or makeup.
12. Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family?
Nope! What I will do, is play with makeup looks that I would never wear in public when I’m sitting at home bored out of my mind! I’m sure that you guys can understand!
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
It depends what I’m doing. If I’m going to the grocery store, sure! If I’m going anywhere where people I know will be, I will definitely wear makeup, even if I’ll only be out for 10 minutes. The exception is if I’m going to be exercising, then I take everything off beforehand so it doesn’t clog my pores.
14. How many high-end products do you have?
I actually only have one right now, and that’s my Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer that my mom bought for me. I really like it, but drugstore products are such good quality now, I don’t see a point in spending the extra money.
15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed?
Nope! I did when I was younger, but I usually roll out of bed and throw something on. When I try to plan out an outfit, I tend to change it last minute anyways, so I just gave up.
16. How often do you change your handbag?
I have a Vera Bradley “Little Flap Hipster” crossbody bag that holds my phone, wallet, sunglasses, and lipstick, so that’s what I use all the time, unless I’m going to some type of formal event
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
I go to bed between 10:30 and 12 pm. During the summer I wake up around 9:30, but during the school year I’m up at 6 am
18. How often or when do you workout?
Whenever I have dance! That’s usually 2-3 days a week. I will also ride my bike when it’s warm out and I have time!
19. Left handed or right handed?
20. How tall are you?
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I just finished my third year of French! It’s one of my loves!
22. How many pets do you have?
None, but I love watching and playing with cats!!
23. How often are you on WordPress?
I check it daily; I’m hoping to post blogs at least once a week, especially during the summer!
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Definitely! It’s so helpful seeing what has and hasn’t worked for other people!
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Yes! If I see multiple bloggers recommending products, I add them to a list on my phone.
26. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
A Nikon CoolPix S4100, and sometimes my iPhone.
27. How often do you clean your room?
Not often! I would much rather play with makeup or go on the computer than clean. I’m sure you guys can understand.
28. What’s your favorite color?
29. Do you swear?
I try not to!
30. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Eating dinner, celebrating Father’s day, and then going to bed! 🙂
Whew! That was a lot, but it was fun! Feel free to do this tag and leave a link in the comment section, I would love to read your guy’s responses! Let me know if you have any suggestions for other tags!